If you are relocating to Toronto or the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) then you may be considering which neighbourhood would best suit your and your family’s needs. There are several thing to consider such as whether you are looking for more green space, the length of commute to work or local amenities. If you are moving as a family, then you are likely to want more space but still want the big city vibes! If this is the case, then Oakville could be the answer to give you the best of both worlds.
WHERE IS OAKVILLE?
Oakville is a peaceful suburban town made up of three distinct business areas, Bronte Village, Downtown Oakville and Kerr Village. Oakville is situated southwest of Toronto on Lake Ontario in the GTA. it is only 32 kilometers away from Toronto which makes it a great location to commute into Toronto and because it is slightly removed from Toronto itself, you can expect real estate prices to be a little more affordable.
A BRIEF HISTORY
Oakville’s natural harbour was key for both shipbuilding and lumber in the 1800’s acting as a commercial port of entry. Colonel William Chisholm founded Oakville in 1857 but it was his son, Robert Kerr Chisholm and brother-in-law, Thomas Merrick who developed the land. Although Oakville has developed quite significantly since the 1800’s, it still maintains its natural charm which both residents and visitors are drawn to!
When thinking of relocating to Oakville do keep in mind that you will be spoiled with choice for parks. Oakville has an abundance of parkland and trails ideal for keen runners and hikers. Those wishing to slow down a bit can simply relax in the green outdoor space! Lions Valley Park and Gairlock Gardens are incredibly beautiful parks to visit, but if you are looking for something a bit more active, then try Coronation Park with its splash pad, beach volleyball courts, playgrounds and stage. There is just as much to do at Bronte Creek Provincial Park with its family camping, pool, children’s farm and disc golf. There really is something for everyone at Oakville!
If the water is more your thing, once you move to Oakville you will be pleased to know that there are plenty of beaches where you can take a leisurely stroll, swim or get involved with some water sports (weather permitting of course!)
Oakville has so much to offer to keep you and your family entertained. Many of Oakvilles’ shops are independently owned and operated but there are also plenty of shopping malls to choose from together with an abundance of niche restaurants for all you foodies.
If art is more your thing, then check out some Downtown galleries such as Town Square Gallery, Savvy Art and Harbour Gallery.
Then do not worry, Oakville is home to Oakville Soccer Club and the Oakville Crusaders Rugby Club, so you can get involved wither on the field or sit back and relax as a spectator!
Overall Oakville really is a great place to live especially if you are looking for somewhere that is peaceful but also close enough to bustling Downtown Toronto. if you would rather be in the action all day, every day, then perhaps Oakville is not the neighbourhood for you – relocating to Downtown Toronto may be your best fit.
Whether you are set on relocating to Oakville , Toronto or anywhere within the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) then MAC Relocation Services can help relocate you and your family seamlessly!
We offer a number of different services including the following:
- Toronto and the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) Area Orientations – we can familiarize you with the city and the diversified neighbourhoods of Toronto.
- Move Management (Global) – we arrange the mover, surveying your home, customs clearance and al of the other details from origin to destination.
- Destination/Settling in Services – we assist in organizing things such as your Social Insurance Number (SIN), Health Insurance, Driver’s License, Banking, Schools, Cars, Pets and much more.
- Rental & Residential Re-Sale – we are experts in the rental, home purchase and sale of homes in Toronto and the GTA (Greater Toronto Area).
- Temporary Accommodations – We offer furnished apartments in downtown Toronto, North York and the surrounding GTA ( Greater Toronto Area.) Our luxury furnished apartments are ideal whilst you wait for your permanent real estate accommodation.
- Departure Services – we also assist those who are leaving Canada including home sales, lease terminations, closing of utilities, etc.
If you’re considering relocating to Toronto, get in touch with someone at our MAC Furnished Residences team! As a registered Toronto real estate Brokerage, we can assist you with all your solo, family, group, or corporate relocation needs. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 416-222-0025/ 1-877-240-0025.